Utah man latest reported vape-related death

Shutterstock

A Utah man in Salt Lake County has died from a vaping-related injury, according to a release from the Utah Department of Health.

The department says the 30-year-old man “died at home without being hospitalized” after reportedly using THC products.

The UDOH Office of the Medical Examiner determined the cause of death, according to the release.

Article continues below...

The release says 76 cases of vaping-related lung injuries and another 14 possible cases have been reported in Utah. Ninety percent required hospitalization and many were treated in intensive care units. Ninety-four percent of the Utah cases were related to THC products, said the release.

The news comes one day after the Governor of Montana issued a temporary ban on all flavored e-cigarette sales, as well as the announcement that Walgreens would follow Walmart’s lead and no longer sell vape products.