Have you ever stopped to think about the economics of beer? When times are good, we celebrate with beer. And when times are bad…we celebrate with beer! It’s an industry that appears to defy downturns, and that’s just ONE reason it’s an industry you should consider it as a career. So who’s up for a beer career?
Frontier Brewing Company and Taproom is excited to announce that we are currently seeking a full-time, qualified TAPROOM MANAGER. This is great opportunity for the right candidate to get in on the ground floor of Casper’s newest brewery! To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Frontier Brewing Company Taproom Manager
About Frontier Brewing Company: Frontier Brewing Company will serve house-made, small-batch craft beers alongside top notch product from other local and regional brewers. Located in downtown Casper, the brewery will feature a unique self-pouring beer dispensing system alongside a wide variety of cans, bottles and bombers. The taproom will also offer snack items, live entertainment and a comfortable community gathering space. Frontier’s TAPROOM MANAGER will be responsible for the overall customer experience, inventory management, entertainment and vendor relationships. The TAPROOM MANAGER plays a critical role in the business and is considered a key member of the brewery’s management team. The primary goal of the TAPROOM MANAGER is to consistently facilitate experiences that result in higher sales, customer loyalty and company growth.
Taproom Manager Job Responsibilities:
Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing and providing high quality taproom service; managing support staff.
Taproom General Manager Job Duties:
- Establishes taproom business plan by monitoring product demand; conferring with patrons; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing programming; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase customer per caps.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with product vendors; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, service and entertainment offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining assistant management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the brewery/taproom industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Is supported by Brewing Operations Manager and Assistant Taproom Manager.
- Works a minimum of 40 hours per week in the taproom – hours may vary.
- Consults on Point of Sale system.
- Engages in initial and ongoing training for Self Pour Beer System and assists patron with system
- Assists in growth of Frontier Brewing Company business and brand
- Works as an ambassador of the Frontier Brewing Company business and brand
- Assists with general marketing for Frontier Brewing Company including but not limited to social media management
- Reports to managing partners
- Collaborates with brewer(s)
Taproom Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus
$35-$40K salary per year (depending on experience) + 2 weeks paid vacation (earned incrementally) each year.
Health insurance stipend
Position available starting July 11, 2017. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org