Position Title: Over-the-Road Driver – Class A (Driver 3)
Reports To: Executive Director, Wyoming Branch
Article continues below...
Date Created: April 2019
The Over-the-Road Driver is responsible for delivering and picking up food product from various locations in the across the state of Wyoming. This position is responsible for ensuring that all deliveries are in accordance with Feeding America requirements and FBR policies. This role regularly interacts with volunteers, partner agencies and the general public delivering product in a safe and timely manner while following Department (DOT) regulations.
- Maintains a complete understanding of DOT regulations around the usage of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) and Hours of Service (HOS).
- Performs DOT pre-trip safety check inspections of truck and trailer.
- Transport and deliver orders to meet the scheduled customer times, provide estimated time of arrival to each agency in advance of arrival and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules.
- May drive in adverse weather conditions if roads remain open.
- Visually survey the delivery site during approach to identify potential hazards.
- Unload products from trailer and place items in designated customer storage area.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Backhaul as assigned: empty pallets from customer sites, donated product/grocery items from retail grocery establishments, etc.
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and/or customer returns and complete necessary paperwork. Perform safety checks on truck and trailer; fuel as required, park and secure tract, trailer and pallet jack; complete vehicle maintenance reports.
- Attend required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- Three to four days per month overnight travel required (more may be required in specific situations).
- Work in warehouse as necessary building orders, loading and unloading orders, assist with loading agencies, cleaning and warehouse maintenance, cleaning and maintenance of tractors and trailers.
- Diplomatically interact with agencies and donors. Report any issues to supervisor.
- Requires some flexible hours and some weekends are necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sitting for long periods, standing and walking intermittently
- Frequently lifts 50-80 pounds on a daily basis
- Uses heavy equipment on a daily basis including forklift, stand up/sit down lift truck, step up pallet jack and automatic pallet jack; ability to push and pull up to 2,000 lb. pallets with a manual pallet jack.
- Works in warehouse environment and is frequently outdoors
- Demonstrated ability to bend, twist, kneel, climb, lift, pull, push & perform other warehouse activities
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, crouch or crawl, talk or hear
- Use specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of FBR; represents the FBR brand in a positive manner internally and externally
- Exercises cultural awareness, including race, ethnicity, socio-economic status and disability
- Demonstrated ability to work compassionately with a wide range of constituents
- Able to interact with others in a diplomatic, courteous and positive manner
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Maintain professional appearance at all times as well as appropriate use of FBR apparel
- Strong work ethic, including organizational and motivational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-directed, proactive and independent problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to operate within time constraints of workload
- Maintains strong ethical orientation and upholds FBR’s standards for integrity
- Ability to effectively communicate with, influence and get work done through others
- Ability to use and/or learn use of all equipment, GPS, ELD tablets and other tools to perform the job
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and excellent driving record
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience as Commercial Driver
- Prior experience working in a warehouse environment strongly preferred
- Forklift experience and certification a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level; bilingual a plus
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time working approximately 40 hours per week and is eligible for overtime for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek. Work schedules vary each week and consists of weekdays, evening and occasional Saturdays.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. Food Bank of the Rockies is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), M/F/H/V.