Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Director
Article continues below...
Date Created: April 2019
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the warehouse and transportation operations of receiving and distribution of product, food storage, inventory control, food deliveries and pickups, fleet maintenance, building and grounds and safety and sanitation standards. Leads the operations department in accordance with FBR and Feeding America (FA) specifications.
- Manages the personnel team including warehouse, inventory and drivers and trains/monitors same personnel for outstanding customer service.
- Manages the activities involved in the efficient movement of product including receipt, storage, and distribution maximizing space, resources and avoiding waste or damages.
- Assign drivers and routing trucks for pickup, delivery and mobile pantry’s; uses Fleetmatics to monitor driver quality.
- Manages fleet for repairs and maintenance schedule. Ensures that all equipment is maintained and safe for operators.
- Maintain orderly warehouse to ensure efficient storage and distribution line.
- Works with community relations specialist to recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive safety program for employees and volunteers.
- Responsible for maintaining food industry standards for safety, proper product handling, storage and warehouse sanitation along with educating staff.
- In conjunction with Community Relations Specialist, coordinates volunteer efforts in warehouse/building and grounds.
- Maintains building, equipment and grounds maintenance; ensures all required inspections and sanitation schedules as set by company, regulatory or other agencies are adhered to.
- Manages the ordering of food product with the FBR Distribution Center and consults with FBR COO on purchase of other food items.
- Supervises warehouse, distribution, transportation drivers and inventory personnel.
- Prepare annual budget in cooperation with WFBR director and FBR COO.
- As needed, attend outside networking opportunities to develop and encourage resource building and sharing within the community.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
- Sitting for long periods, standing and walking intermittently
- Using office equipment such as computer, mouse, keyboard, printer
- Warehouse environment, hot/cold temperatures are frequent
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear
- Use specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of WFBR
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- Show strong teambuilding, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to lead through influence and effectively navigate in a matrixed organization
- Self-directed, accountable for results and proactive; independent problem solver
- Commitment to motivating staff through creating a positive working environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exercise independent judgement, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects
- Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
- Ability to represent WFBR with professional poise and work effectively with a wide range of constituents
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in warehouse operations; non-profit experience a plus
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and warehouse management systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time working approximately 40 hours per week and is not eligible for overtime. Travel within the geographic region will be required and is primarily local during the business day. Work hours may vary and will include occasional evenings and weekends.