ServeWyoming is hiring a Financial Specialist for AmeriCorps! For more information please see below:
Article continues below...
Financial Specialist Job Description
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
Benefits: Paid holidays and personal time as determined by Executive Director. Travel Reimbursement at Federal Level. Eligible for 3% of salary/month for a matching IRA for 30 days. Eligible for group life insurance after 30 days.
The Financial Specialist will have primary responsibilities for the day-to-day accounting functions. The position covers a wide range of duties and requires someone with the ability to move through multiple areas throughout the day. Familiarity with basic accounting procedures and compliance with GAAP along with internal controls. The person will have the ability to think through process and procedures and understand what and why an entry or work is being done. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Specialist would be involved with accounts payable, grant finance review, federal financial reports, and payment management systems. This position is under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director in various financial compliance and financial management aspects of the organization.
- Enter payroll and fringe to appropriate grants and activities in QuickBooks.
- Process bookkeeper payables, account receivable including drawdowns from government funds.
- Review reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of materials for yearend close and audit.
- Assist with compliance testing of sub-grantee operations.
- The ability to prioritize deadlines.
- Projects as requested.
- Responsibilities may be adjusted depending upon experience and skill set.
- Serve as point of contact for financial matters with subgrantees.
- Report on financial operations of the organization to the Executive Director.
- You will provide guidance to the ED and team regarding applicable federal financial regulations such as 2 CFR part 200, and be responsible for establishing and enforcing internal controls to ensure efficient and accurate processing of transactions, along with adequate segregation of duties.
- Provide federal rules/regulations, policies/procedures and other technical assistance to AmeriCorps grantees to ensure compliance
- Ensures government compliance in all tasks.
- Assess AmeriCorps program goals and accomplishments to determine effectiveness; measure outcomes for federal reporting; compile data and program information for agency and federal reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 1+ years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Public accounting experience is helpful.
- Must have experience with grants, including drawdowns, periodic reporting, and close out activities. Strong preference for experience handling sub-grantee activities.
- Experience performing month-end closing activities.
- Ability to train and educate people with varying levels financial training.
- Ability to understand and use complex Excel formulas and spreadsheets.
- Exposure to system upgrades and new system rollouts.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within Wyoming.
Send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Shelly McAlpin, Executive Director, at
Please include “Specialist” in the subject heading.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by Friday, February 8, 2021. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information about the ServeWyoming, please visit www.ServeWyoming.org.
The ServeWyoming (SWY) improves lives and strengthens Wyoming communities through volunteerism. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer opportunities across Wyoming that are both fulfilling for the volunteers and that meet critical needs in our community.
Since 1994, over 4,000 Wyoming AmeriCorps members have been providing intensive, results-driven service to meet emergency, educational, environmental, public safety, veteran and military family services and other pressing needs across the state. In addition, we provide a statewide volunteer center engaging upwards of 4,500 general volunteers in Wyoming service.
|PAID FOR BY SERVE WYOMING|
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Oil City News, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Oil City News.