The Casper-Natrona County Health Department has posted two new jobs. They are hiring a COVID Responder I and II and a Public Health Preparedness Specialist. Here are the job descriptions. For more information, please visit their website.
COVID Responder I and II
The COVID Responder I and II will be under the supervision and direction of the Prevention Manager. This position performs supportive tasks for the public health response to COVID-19. Responsibilities include calling individuals who have been quarantined or isolated, answering general public questions, assisting in COVID-19 testing, scheduling patients, updating and logging information, entering data, and more.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call individuals with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 or with close contact to a confirmed case to provide information, updates or check progress
- Collect, record and update information within databases and systems
- Diffuse situations with disgruntled members of the public
- Maintain daily contact with manager; update on daily progress; report issues from the unit to the supervisor; and brainstorm and implement solutions
- Answer calls, questions and inquiries from the general public
- Triage and coordinate response and follow up for inquiries or questions that cannot be answered
- Collect pertinent health information and schedule patients as necessary
- Enter confidential patient information without errors into multiple web-based health systems
- Assist appropriate staff with COVID-19 testing and test collection with appropriate training and PPE
- Assist in surveillance testing and off-site vaccination, and provide support to other team members during COVID testing and COVID vaccination.
- Deliver samples/vaccines as necessary to the appropriate lab or dropoff location
- Communicate with the public in a professional and empathetic manner
- Complete required paperwork for patient and public interactions with appropriate training
- Support the relationship between the Casper-Natrona County Health Department (CNCHD) staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with the public and CNCHD staff; maintain confidentiality of work-related issues, confidential health information and CNCHD information
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Public Health Preparedness Specialist
The Public Health Preparedness Specialist will be reporting to the Finance Director. Specialists will perform those duties assigned including maintaining appropriate documentation of activities, responding to various emergencies, teaching cardiopulmonary resuscitation classes and assisting in planning, training and implementing the emergency operations plan and exercises.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide ongoing maintenance of all equipment in public health preparedness
- Provide training on preparedness topics for CNCHD employees and community members and organizations
- Perform quarterly notification drills using the Wyoming Alert Response Network (WARN) and fill out data collection sheets
- Update users in the WARN as needed
- Follow up on identified improvements from the quarterly notification drills in a timely manner and accurately as required
- Understand and actively participate in monitoring the contractual agreements associated with the particular program
- Assist in preparing technical reports on program activities
- Participate and plan exercises and drills provided by partner organizations using the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program
- Assist with organization and planning of exercises and actual public health emergency events
- Assist with preparing planning documents for public health response in emergencies
- Serve as the public health response coordinator as needed
- Represent the public health preparedness program and CNCHD at meetings and trainings
- Respond to public health emergencies at the request of the Executive Director, Natrona County Emergency Management office or other community partner as a CNCHD representative. Response may be coordinating public health services by phone, going to the incident site, telework and/or reporting to the CNCHD building
- Know the base preparedness, cities readiness initiative and special grant funding deliverables
- Attend monthly public health response coordinator conference calls
- Participate in twice monthly Wyoming Department of Health radio drills
- Update Finance Director and Executive Director on status of ongoing projects
- Assist with strategic planning for the preparedness program
- Assist other specialists with clerical duties and other duties as assigned
How to apply:
Start your career in a fulfilling, rewarding industry with great benefits and great people. Submit a résumé and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
PAID FOR BY THE CASPER-NATRONA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Oil City News, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Oil City News.