Would you like to join an innovative and agile team with deep roots in the Cowboy State? Upslope Media is seeking a passionate Sales Executive to drive continued growth of our customers’ advertising programs.
Forged in the fires of a successful Casper advertising agency (Adbay.com), Upslope Media is in the business of connecting Wyoming’s top brands with premium local audiences. We create, sell and manage advertising programs for a growing slate of popular brands including Oil City News, Cap City News, Basin Reboot, Wyomovies, Sheridan Cinemas, Riverton Cinemas and more. Our advertising programs currently reach millions of viewers each month, and we’re just getting started!
As Sales Executive at Upslope Media, you’ll work alongside our Sales Director to sell leading-edge advertising products in Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie, Riverton, Lander, Rock Springs, Green River, Sheridan, Gillette and Cody. By acting as an advocate for companies needing to advertise their products, you’ll ensure they receive an unmatched level of client service and responsiveness. You’ll be supported in your efforts by a hardworking team of professionals who value independence, creativity and strong work–life balance.
Our ideal candidate will have media sales experience, preferably in the digital space. And since we offer ad products to suit any budget, a track record of working with companies of all sizes is a plus.
Job Description and Qualifications:
We are seeking an individual who knows Wyoming, has a passion for the community and its people, and can succeed in a small business environment where work is more than just a job.
You’ll work hard every day to help your customers’ businesses grow. You’ll develop relationships with existing and new Upslope Media partners, develop close advertising and sponsorship deals, and, in keeping with Upslope’s spirit of innovation, identify and create exciting new marketing collaborations to benefit local advertisers and brands.
Duties are varied and include lead generation, cold calling and follow up; meeting and corresponding with existing and prospective clients; crafting creative proposals; making presentations; maintaining databases and call lists; and attending community events, all the while maintaining close relationships with clients and working closely with Upslope’s Sales Director and its creative team.
- Several years of sales or marketing experience, ideally in the advertising, media or agency landscape (but if you’ve been successful at selling anything, we’d love to meet you!)
- Proven track record of reaching or exceeding sales goals via new and existing business
- Ability to use a sales CRM tool and a Project Management System
- Comfortable with cold calling potential clients
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated by success
- Digital and social media literate
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Ability to travel within the state of Wyoming and to enjoy meeting people and forging fruitful business relationships
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and sense of humor
- Collaborative approach to solving business challenges
- Interest in becoming part of a young, innovative company
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to be flexible
- Current Wyoming resident or willing to move to Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie, Gillette or Cody
Details of position:
The Sales Executive may be based at Upslope Media’s downtown offices in scenic Casper, Wyoming OR in one of the communities we currently serve (Cheyenne, Rock Springs, Green River, Sheridan, Gillette, Cody, Laramie, Riverton or Lander). Our Casper offices are located mere minutes from a mountain, a river and endless outdoor recreation. Our full-time staff enjoys benefits that include paid vacation, paid holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, IRA matching, flexible scheduling and a creative work environment. Upslope Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Yes, but how much does it PAY?
At Upslope Media, we believe in sharing the wealth. If you’re performing to our expectations, a six-figure compensation package including incentives and bonuses is reasonably attainable. But to start, your base salary will land between $40,000 and $60,000, commensurate with your experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting why you are interested in the position and what you have to offer, as well as a copy of your résumé to email@example.com. All application materials will be held in strictest confidence.