The Town of Bar Nunn is looking for a qualified Clerk/Treasurer who will be responsible for administrative work, processing payroll and time sheets, and supervising office staff, among other job duties.
- Must have accounting experience and preferred minimum of one semester of College Accounting.
- Must be bondable and able to pass a background check.
- Must have good supervisory skills and experience as a supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate and maintain good rapport with Town’s volunteer organizations; department heads; employees; federal, state, and local public officials; and general public.
- Must be able to communicate, coordinate projects and maintain good rapport with mayor, council, town attorney, and town engineer.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accurately perform clerical and administrative work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Report directly to mayor and town council.
- Supervise other office staff.
- Process payroll and time sheets. Process payroll and federal payroll taxes and reports in a timely manner. Monthly retirement calculations and payment.
- Work with accounting firm for annual audit process.
- Supervise processing of A/R, A/P, General Ledger, financial reports and bank reconciliations.
- Compile and coordinate all town meeting agendas. Prepare materials and meeting room for town meetings.
- Write and/or assist with writing ordinances and resolutions in a timely manner.
- Process annual business license renewals and liquor license renewal applications and hearings.
- Be responsible for court proceedings within the Town. Coordinate with the municipal judge and town attorney for court dates and dockets.
- Research and prepare annual budget for mayor and council consideration.
- Attend town council meetings twice monthly and work sessions throughout the year as well.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: monthly staff report, federal wildland fire reimbursements, interacting with customers, assisting with grant writing, preparing ACH payments.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Wage scale starts at $54,000/yr up to $66,000/yr.
- Health insurance
- Vacation and sick leave
Full job description may be picked up at Town Hall, 4820 N. Wardwell Ind. Ave., Bar Nunn, Wyoming.
Résumé can be dropped off at Town Hall or emailed to email@example.com.
|PAID FOR BY TOWN OF BAR NUNN
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Oil City News, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Oil City News.