Entrepreneurs and startups involved in food-related businesses will soon have an opportunity to learn everything they need to know to be successful.
The Wyoming Small Business Development Center Network will host a series of events involving nationally recognized “foodpreneur” expert Marty Butts. Butts is owner of Small Potatoes, a boutique marketing, advocacy and consulting firm specializing in working with small-scale and startup food product companies.
The SBDC is a partnership among the University of Wyoming, the Wyoming Business Council and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Article continues below...
The University says that the SBDC focuses on educating small-business owners and potential owners on how to successfully start and operate small businesses. The SBDC’s main office is located at UW.
“Marty’s workshops are packed with information, full of practical examples and sprinkled with humor to make his points come to life,” says Susan Jerke, regional director of the Wyoming SBDC Network. “I’ve left every one of his workshops full of enthusiasm to share his ideas with our clients.”
Butts will make five stops around the state. His schedule is as follows:
- Cody, Sept. 26, 8:30-11 a.m., Northwest College Center, 1501 Stampede Ave.
- Lander, Sept. 26, 6-8:30 p.m., Central Wyoming College, 427 Main St.
- Laramie, Sept. 27, 1-4:30 p.m., Wyoming Technology Business Center, 1938 E. Harney St.
- Casper, Sept. 28, 8:30-11 a.m., UW Agricultural Resource and Learning Center, 2011 Fairgrounds Road.
- Gillette, Sept. 28, 4-6:30 p.m., Gillette College Tech Center, 300 Sinclair St.
The workshop in Casper also will kick off the Wyoming Farmer’s Market Conference, scheduled Sept. 28-29.
Each visit costs $15, and registration is required. To reserve a spot and learn more, go to the events section of the Wyoming SBDC Network’s website at www.wyomingsbdc.org.