CASPER, Wyo. — The Libertarian Party of Wyoming and Compassionate Options Wyoming announced on Wednesday that they will be hosting events from September 10-12 to kick off efforts to gather signatures to get marijuana reform questions on the 2022 or 2024 General Election ballot.
A press release announcing the official start to the signature collection period of the ballot initiatives said that the Wyoming Secretary of State has provided petitions to the organizations advocating for marijuana reform, allowing the 18-month signature collection period to begin.
There are two initiatives underway:
- An initiative to legalize medical cannabis
- An initiative to decriminalize possession of marijuana for personal use
Kickoff events will be held in seven cities across the state starting on September 10. The events are open to the public.
There may be more events organized by volunteers, but the official kickoff events are scheduled as follows:
- Evanston — Hamblin Park, 190 Bear River Drive, Evanston, September 11, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Rawlins — The Grindz, 509 W Cedar St., Rawlins, September 10, 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Riverton — Rendezvous at the Riverwalk, Riverton Fairgrounds, September 11, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Green River — Flaming Gorge Harley-Davidson, 440 Uinta Drive, Green River, September 10-11 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Cody — City Park, 908 Sheridan Ave., September 11, 11:00 a.m.
- Cheyenne — Elevate Studios, 1408A E 13th St., September 10, 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Casper — Washington Park, Shelter 2, 951 S Jefferson St., September 11, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.