CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Members of the state’s education community from Cheyenne, Casper and Gillette are serving on the Wyoming Department of Education and Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board’s Retention and Recruitment Task Force.
The mission of the task force will be to develop recommendations for state policymakers as well as district- and school-level staff to increase efforts to positively impact the education workforce.
The task force consists of 26 members: three district superintendents, one personnel director, one school counselor, three principals, 10 teachers, one preservice teacher, three educators who have left the profession, one parent, two post-secondary representatives and one industry representative.
The task force members are as follows:
- Superintendent – Gillian Chapman, Jackson
- Superintendent – John Goldhardt, Laramie
- Superintendent – Shane Ogden, Meeteetse
- Personnel Director – Tanya Wall, Rawlins
- School Counselor – Mary Litman, Casper
- Principal – Christina Mills, Shoshoni
- Principal – Tiffany Rehbein, Cheyenne
- Principal – Nathan Tedjeske, Cody
- Teacher – Chase Anfinson, Glenrock
- Teacher – Alexis Barney, Ranchester
- Teacher – Charles Fournie, Cheyenne
- Teacher – Megan Garnhart, Sheridan
- Teacher – Suzanne Masek, Lander
- Teacher – Jeannette McCoy, Casper
- Teacher – Nancy Nelson, Greybull
- Teacher – Darci Ostermiller, Powell
- Teacher – Caryn Pursley, Rawlins
- Teacher – Zach Schneider, Casper
- Preservice Teacher – Sarah Turner, Laramie
- Previous Educator – Diana Espy, Rawlins
- Previous Educator – Iva Moss, Arapahoe
- Previous Educator – Andrea Wood, Crook County
- Parent Representative – Carrie Murthy, Laramie
- Postsecondary Representative – Alan Buss, Laramie
- Postsecondary Representative – Teresa Stauffer, Gillette
- Industry Representative – Dan Benford, Cheyenne
The task force will have its first meeting on Feb. 11 in Casper.