CASPER, Wyo. — The Wyoming Legislature convened their 2021 General Session on Tuesday, Jan. 12.
Both the Senate and House of Representatives elected new leadership during their respective virtual meetings.
Sen. Dan Dockstader was elected new president of the Senate. Dockstader represents Senate District 16, which covers portions of Lincoln, Sublette and Teton County.
Article continues below...
Rep. Eric Barlow was elected new speaker of the House. Barlow represents House District 03, which is located in portions of Campbell and Converse County.
Previous Senate President Drew Perkins and previous Speaker of the House Steve Harshman both remain members of the legislature.
While the legislature convened on Tuesday, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to a different format than in previous sessions. Action on Tuesday includes the following:
- Certification of election results
- Election and swearing in of leadership
- adoption of temporary rules
- address from Governor Gordon
- adjourn until January 27, 2021.
- A limited number of committee bills are introduced and refer to standing committees to work week of January 18.
The legislature will reconvene virtually for eight days starting on Wednesday, Jan. 27. Further working dates are scheduled in March, which could potentially be held in person depending on the situation of the pandemic.