CASPER, Wyo — A live community update on the Mullen Fire burning in the Medicine Bow National Forest will be held at 5:00 pm Tuesday, Sept. 22. Fire managers and local officials with explain the current strategy and situation. There may be a 10-minutes delay in the live feed, officials said.
There are two options to view:
- Facebook: Participants can watch on the Mullen Fire Facebook page when it goes live at 5:00 pm.
- Zoom: https://usfs.zoomgov.com/j/1618061128 (Meeting ID: 161 806 1128). If you have not yet used Zoom, go to the meeting link 5-10 minutes early and follow the simple instructions to download install the Zoom client.
The Keystone area south of the Rob Roy Reservoir was ordered evacuated at 2:00 pm Sunday. Pre-evacuation notices were given for Centennial Valley, including:
Article continues below...
- Northwest to the Snowy Range along Highway 130
- Private land along Fox Creek Road,
- All areas west of Highway 11 in the valley.
Rocky Mountain Area Incident Management Blue Team took command at 6:00 am this morning. The firefighting effort continues to prioritize public and firefighter safety, and protection of nearby communities and other values at risk.
The Mullen Fire was reported in the Savage Run Wilderness on Thursday, September 17, and spread rapidly in extremely rugged terrain, with dense vegetation and beetle-killed deadfall.
Oil City’s Coverage of the Mullen Fire can be found below:
- Mullen Fire grows tenfold in 24 hours
- Fire grows
- Mullen Fire grows 10,000 acres overnight, very close Cheyenne’s water supply
- Smoke and wind force crews to pull back Saturday night